Friday 3 December 2010

Technology Skills & Aims

Since the start of the week, I have learnt a lot about technology and different programmes which I will be using for my music video and production work. Due to my inexperience with these programmes such as Photoshop, I thought this was a good place to start to develop my technology skills. I knew that effects such as airbrushing and reduplicating images would all be useful when creating my digipack and advert. I also wished to learn to fade and layer images but due to the lack of time available, this is something I will have to learn whilst/if I use these effects in my production work.

I was motivated to develop these specific technical skills because I knew they would be useful when creating my production work. After doing some research into digipacks, I noticed that many use special effects for the front cover, and wished to reflect this on my digipack. In order to this successfully, I needed to look at the different effects which were available on the programmes such as Photoshop. This has been my main motivation to develop my technical skills this week, as the majority of the effects available are new to me, so it's like starting from the very start when it comes to the effects for my work; making me keen to learn.

Another reason for my motivation is the relationship between technical skills and creativity. For example, I believe for a printed piece, such as a digipack and advert, technical skills are vital in order to create a creative piece of work. Without decent technical skills, the production work, I believe, will consist of redundant images, whether it be photographs or cartoon/drawn images. I believe the creativity and entropy lies within the technical skills



do you develop skills differently now compared with when you first started on the course?
how did media professionals develop the skills they needed to get on?
how do uni students develop technical skills?

No comments:

Post a Comment